Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Save the White Nile

Today I stumbled across the Save the White Nile project on one of my favorite blogs.

http://theadventureblog.blogspot.com/2014/09/video-paddling-in-africa-to-save-white.html?m=1

This project is so important because it's not just paddlers that will be effected by this dam if it goes up.  Let's leave as many places as we can as natural as possible, okay?

To anybody who wants this dam to go up, first of all, please comment a really good argument, because obviously I've only heard one side of the story.  Second, please go spend a day paddling the river in a place that will be destroyed by the dam.  Spend some time in less-developed areas, appreciate it, and then, if you can still bring yourself to destroy it, I know that nothing I say will change your mind.


Sorry for the link format, I'm currently posting via iPhone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment not related to this post specifically then send me an email at blackrosetravels5678@gmail.com. Your questions/comments might even end up as a future post!