Basically, the idea is that you wear a costume everyday for the 12 before Halloween, and then on Halloween day. This year I am coordinating costumes with my little sisters. Some of our costumes include:
- Slenderman, Jeff the Killer, and Eyeless Jack (Creepypasta characters)
- Jack, Sally, and Zero (From The Nightmare Before Christmas)
- James, Jessie, and Meowth (Pokemon's Team Rocket)
- Batman, Superman, and Spider-man (Popular superheroes)
And, obviously, there are going to be nine more :)
Everyday during the 13 Days of Halloween I will post pictures of all three of us on my Instagram, a picture of just me here on the blog, and some reactions from people when I go out places here, on Facebook, and on Twitter.
To anyone who would like to be added to my "13 Days of Halloween 2014" list on Facebook: Comment here, email me, or send me a message on Facebook. I will only be listing first names or nicknames. Send in the following information:
- Name (or nickname)
- Country (No more than country is necessary, let's see if we get anyone outside the USA!)
- List of costumes for each day (Preferably in order, I will add to each blog post who dressed up as what on each day)
- How you found out about it
- If you are part of a group (If you have a group of people you're doing it with please take note. Groups can send in information individually, but if you want to be counted as a group I will also need a Group name.)
Let's take it one step further though: a costume contest! Send in pictures for costume contest. The best costumes win Mystery Prizes. There will be a few different categories:
1. Best coordination - For groups only, so make sure all of your group members are in the picture! This wil go to the group whose costumes go together best!
2. Scariest costume - For one person. Obviously, this is for the scariest contest.
3. Cutest costume - For one person. For the cutest costume!
4. Most creative costume - For one person. Let's see how creative you all get.
5. Most fun group - For the group who has the most creative/most fun costumes! (Not necessarily the best coordinated costumes, just the most fun)
On November 1st enter your pictures if you'd like to be in the contest. The Best coordination, and Most Fun Group contests will be held here. The Scariest costume portion will be held on Instagram. The Cutest costume will be on Twitter. The Most Creative costume will be on Facebook.
Since this is the first year let's try for at least 20 individuals and groups, myself included as part of a group, though I won't enter for a prize. Get your info sent in by October 1st to be put on the Facebook list, we start on October 19th :)
Good luck, hope to hear from you soon!
Note: You can look forward to more challenges later in the year. I have one planned for Thanksgiving, and one for Christmas! There will not be contests along with those.