Monday, June 30, 2014

Las Vegas packing list

For me it's time to start packing for Vegas, I leave the 4th!

Depending on the place you go there'll be essential items that you just need.  Consider Nevada is hot some essential clothing items are:
Lightweight/Sun dresses - I have three dresses, two of which happen to be black which kind of is opposite of the point I'm trying to make, but oh well.  They're all light, short, and sleeveless, so they'll be cooler than even shorts and a t-shirt!
Camisole tank tops - Again, light and sleeveless, making any color other than black (which is again the color I have most of) cooler than a shirt with sleeves! A downside is they're tight fitting.
Flip-flops - the most open shoe available as far as I know.  Also considered the most annoying, the grossest, and least formal shoes.  I'd think they'd è great for wearing as a tourist in the south west USA though!

Other things I need:
Lightweight scarves - Vegas, and scarves??  Let me explain.  I read a lot of articles about traveling, and something I read recently said that lightweight scarves are good to bring on a plane to be used as a pillow and/or blanket.  They can be worn onto the plane, used as a blanket, then worn off!
Sneakers - As in any city, walking is going to be a big part of the trip.  While my sneakers aren't the best for walking long distances (Canvas sneakers) they're what I'm used to wearing, and changing it up right before the trip sound like it would be uncomfortable.
Filtering water bottle - I discovered this at my local grocery store recently and thought it was interesting.  I figured when traveling you never know what your water situation is going to be like.  Besides, maybe the water won't taste so different from my house water with this bottle!

The complete list:
3 dresses
5 tank tops (I like options, and they're small and easy to pack!)
4 pairs of shorts
1 pair of pants
1 sweater 
5 pairs of pjs
7 sets of underclothes 
5 pairs ankle-socks
2 scarves
Bathing suit 
Dance stuff
iPhone & charger
Earbuds
X2 flip flops 
Sneakers
Sunglasses
Hats x2 (different styles of course)

Now the catch, I have to fit all of that (except my dance stuff) into one normal sized backpack, and a small "purse".

For me it should be easy, flip flops in the backpack, clothes in the backpack.
Sneakers and one scarf worn on each plane.
Sunglasses, iPhone, iPhone charger, earbuds, wallet, etc in my backpack purse. 

Then vóila! I am packed for Las Vegas.

I should be posting everyday other details like:
Fun facts about Vegas.
Travel tips.
Where I'm going and what I'm doing in Vegas.
From the plane.

Then when I get there hopefully I'll have time to post, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment not related to this post specifically then send me an email at blackrosetravels5678@gmail.com. Your questions/comments might even end up as a future post!