Monday, January 30, 2017

2017 Goals

For the last 30 days I've been trying to think about what to write in this post, and I haven't been able to come up with anything that seemed worth writing.

My goal for every year has been the same for the last four years in a row - make this year better than the last.  I've succeeded every year so far! While this is still my goal this year, I also have a few more specific goals I'd like to share.

Be more confident - One of the things I have marked off on my list is 1. Stop being shy.  Not being shy is not necessarily being confident however.  Being more confident is one goal that's incredibly important to me this year.  To me this goal involves being decisive, knowing what I want, being confident in myself, my strengths and abilities, and being confident in others around me.

Complete a thru-hike - In July I will hike Mount Katahdin, and that will be the beginning of my 2,200(ish) mile walk.  I'll be leaving a fantastic job, comfortable life, my super cool family, and my amazing boyfriend for a couple of months to go sleep in the woods and hike 10+ miles a day.

Do things that terrify me - "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone".  This is different from being more confident, I could be 100% confident and never leave my comfort zone.  I often try to push myself out of my comfort zone, however there are things that still terrify me, but shouldn't.  One of my goals this year is to not let things that are scary stop me from having new, amazing experiences.

These are my goals for the year, what about yours?





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment not related to this post specifically then send me an email at blackrosetravels5678@gmail.com. Your questions/comments might even end up as a future post!