Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Teaching

I love working with kids, I always have. Even when I was a kid I loved working with younger kids! It seems as though most of what I want to do is teach, or nanny, so I have decided to look into some teaching jobs abroad.

I have found a couple of interesting programs such as:
Work Away - Suggested to me by a couple people. It's not just teaching jobs either, it's all kinds of jobs all over the world. It's a neat program. You don't get paid, but you do get free lodging and stuff for most of them.
Trek To Teach - This is a little different than Work Away.  It's only in Nepal, you trek to the village where you will be teaching and live there until you're term is up. It costs a little over $3,000 to participate in the program.

There are many more I'm looking into, those are the two I've done the most research into at the moment.

I'm actually considering getting TEFL certified, there are some countries I can teach in with the certification that I don't need a college degree for, there's also more jobs I'll be able to get if I am certified. It's also a lot cheaper, and faster than getting a college degree of any kind.  The only problem is it's apparently a bit more difficult to get certified if you are under 20 years old, as a only recent adult I'd have to wait another 2 years if I can't get it, yet...  We'll see!

Of course, working with animals is also up there on my career choices...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment not related to this post specifically then send me an email at blackrosetravels5678@gmail.com. Your questions/comments might even end up as a future post!